Friday, February 21, 2014

Wendy's FIRST (and second) Day of Kindergarten!

So, I didn't think I would be so emotional when Wendy started kindergarten, but I was a WRECK! Like baaaaad. I even get a little embarrassed thinking back on that day. On top of it all, I forgot the camera was on the manual setting and all the pictures of my baby's first day of school came out extremely over exposed. The picture above has been edited to make it as dark as possible without distorting the image. SO... we took some pictures on her SECOND day of kindergarten.




These are some images from her actual first day of school. Wendy was SO SO SO excited! She laid out her clothes the night before and labeled her backpack (the my little pony one she picked out herself). We were ecstatic when we found out she was put with the best kindergarten teacher in Brea (probably in all of Orange County). It was also comforting to have some friends from church in Wendy's class. 

 

Just like the first day of preschool, Wendy was brave and independent, I was a blubbering mess. I kept it together as best as I could for Wendy's sake. She ran right in the classroom, found her name on her assigned desk, and started coloring the picture that was waiting for her there (Harvey got to join in the fun too). The parents stood around, reluctant to let go and waiting for further instructions from the teacher. When it was time to leave, the kids took their place on the carpet and the parents slowly filed out. It was hard, but she did great. I'm so incredibly proud of her for her eagerness to learn, grow, make new friends and try new things. I love the confidence she has developed in herself in these short five years of life. (Then I bawled the whole way back home).



AND the second day of school... 
(just as excited as the first day:)













1 comment:

Beth said...

love all your posts...even if I do not always comment. That aweet little girls of yours reminds me so much of my first born : )